Nature awards and rewards man's innate need for happiness & prosperity through various methods it supports. One such means is of 'Vastu' that is the Vedic science of building or arrangement of household articles inside and outside are homes. Vastu guides us to create buildings and arrange its interior and exterior in a favorable way.
The Vastu Shastra finds it explanation over the methodical placement and construction of buildings or the planning of its interior furniture or exterior fascia. It also considers where the building site is located, the shape of the site & the building, the direction the building, the location of gates, doors, windows etc.
The principles and fundamentals of Vastu believes that the world comprises five basic elements and our life is based over the presence and balance of these five elements. These five elements are -
v Earth - The magnetic field and gravitational force of Earth has immense effects on all living and non-living beings.
v Water - Water forms part of every plant and animal thus considered very important.
v Air - Air is very important as it is the life supporting element and a major source of life.
v Fire - Fire represents light & heat in the form of day, night, the seasons and energy.
v Space - Space is considered the main conductor of all energy sources that exist in this universal vicinity.
Vastu for Better Homes
Homes not only provide us with a roof over our heads but also provides us security and safety. At times the directions of various rooms of homes or of the furniture is faulty thus making the residents face many obstacles in his or her life. Here are some useful Vastu tips that are meant for peaceful and prosperous life.
- Keep low ceiling for rooms in the south in comparison to the rooms in east and north side.
- Do not scatter footwear all over the house, as it may lead to fights between family members.
- Do not plan the bedroom under an exposed beam lest it will bring ill fortune.
- Plan kitchen in such a way that the face is towards the east while cooking food.
- The ceiling of the room of worship/temple should be lower than the ceiling of all the other rooms in the house.
- The door and window hinges should not make sound hence keep them well greased. Place picture of Lord Ganesha and Saraswati in study room.
- The store house or the dumping store should be in the west of the house.
- There should never be three doors on a single wall in the front of the house.
- Never construct circular stairs in the house.
- Keep cash and jewelry in the safe that opens in the direction of north.
Vastu for Better Offices
- It is good to add some few factors to the office or workplace environment so that the performance of the worker gets enhanced. Here are some easy-to-follow tips that would get many positive changes within the career of individuals.
- Do not make offices at the dead-end of a street or road.
- Arrange your seat or cubicle in such a way that the back does not face the boss. If there is no alternative then use a wooden partition to block the view.
- Keep a round or oval shaped tables in the conference room for enhanced understanding between the members of the company's management.
- The ground level of the office should be in accordance to the hierarchy of workers.
- The office of the highest position holder in the office should be in the southwest corner of the office.
- There should be no toilet or washroom door facing any of the worker's cabin or room.
- Important departments of office such as the Marketing departments, Sales department or Finance Department, should have plenty of open space around along with ample light and fresh breeze flowing into that area.
- The entrance of the office should be completely free from any obstacle.
Vastu for Students & Learners
- Many useful Vastu tips can be used for enhancing the concentration and focus in students while they are seeking knowledge and to help them secure better marks and grades.
- Locate the study room in the East, the North or the North East direction of the house.
- The students or the learner should not be studying sitting under a beam. If there is no alternative then install a false ceiling there.
- There should be no mirror reflecting the books while students are studying lest it will create lots of pressure on them.
- Place the study table in such a way as to make them face East or North direction to ensure good concentration and focus for the students.
- There should be open space in front of the study table to encourage focus and positive approach. Students must have a sturdy wall behind as to render support.
- The bookshelves should be on the sides and not above the study table.
- The study table should not be cluttered with huge piles of books over it as it would attract negative energy.
- There should be sufficient natural light in the study room and the shadow of the student must not fall on the books.