|Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy of understanding the energy that surrounds us and it deals with using positive 'chi' or energy to improve a person's good fortune and success. In the Chinese language each character can be translated and interpreted differently. Feng Shui (pronounced as Fung Shwey) is translated as "the way of wind and water" or "the natural forces of the universe." According to Feng Shui these natural forces influence everything in the world.
|In Europe a similar science was known as geomancy. Native Americans and Hawaiians have their own form of this science. We are oblivious of the fact that we are being affected by different energies everyday. These energies or electromagnetic fields we can neither see nor feel. Without even being conscious we ourselves are creating everything that affects our lives. Using the principles of Feng Shui, we can control our actions and our lives and attain our goals. You can notice the science of Feng Shui in everything we see and touch everyday. Feng Shui uses the Ba-qua chart or eight-sided shape that is associated with the eight aspects of life: prosperity, relationships, helpful people, new knowledge, family, children and career.
|Ancient Chinese classified 'chi', it is classified into five types or elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. Feng Shui studies the distribution of 'chi' and the quality of 'chi' is determined by time, position and location. Feng Shui also guides you on how to place objects so that it brings harmony in to the environment.
|HISTORY: Feng Shui is also known, as Kanyu is the art of placing and situating a building so that it is in harmony with its surroundings. According to Feng Shui cultural and social issues are influenced by natural, metaphysical and cosmological factors. To practically use Feng Shui one needs to understand the influence of cosmology on earth, should have a knowledge of how astronomy and astrology influence the placing of buildings, understand the Confucian classic, understand the weathering process and understand the forces of nature acting on buildings and their surroundings. It is also essential to have knowledge of the magnetic fields and how they influence man.
|FENGSHUI SYMBOLS: In Feng Shui there are many symbols that bring good luck and good fortune. Placing these objects in the house can bring you good luck. Some symbols have to be placed in specific positions within the house. Given below are a few Feng Shui objects that will bring good luck and good fortune.
Good Luck Coins: Gifting someone three coins tied with a red ribbon represents sharing wealth and luck. This act brings good luck and positive Feng Shui to both the giver and the receiver.
- Three-Legged Moon Frog: The three-legged frog with a coin in its mouth should be placed inside the front and should face into the house. This will improve your good luck and prosperity. This is a very important symbol of wealth and fortune. This symbol is also associated with long-life.
- Dragon Turtle: A golden dragon turtle will make your business prosperous and improve relationships with those around you. Place a golden dragon turtle in the prosperity corner (South-East) of your office facing the door. This Feng Shui symbol is the best representative of a long and prosperous life.
- Golden Cat of Abundance and Protection: This is a unique Feng Shui statue. On one side of this two sided Cat, the Cat is smiling and holding out its left paw up which represents good fortune and attracts money. On the other side the Cat is frowning and is holding a broom in its paw. This side symbolizes protection and broom is used to sweep away your troubles.
- Golden Pigs: Pair of
Golden Pigs brings great prosperity and happiness to a household. This is a symbol of honesty, initiative and diligence. It is best to use
Golden Pigs when you are setting up a business or a new home.
- The Three Star Gods: TThe Three Star Gods are the most sacred of all Feng Shui deities since they represent Health, Wealth and Longevity.
- Bells:M Hang small metal bells outside your front door if it faces between the North and the West. Bells ring in good new and prosperity. You can place bells made of crystal and ceramic in other parts of the house.
- Wealth Bucket: Fill a container made of metal with coins and place it in the North West corner of your home or office. Do not display the container; keep the container inside a cabinet or drawer.
- Indoor Plants: Place indoor plants in the South East corner of your home to increase wealth.
- Fish: According to Feng Shui goldfish are descendants of Koi Carp and can live for over 100 years. Placing three gold fish in a bowl bring prosperity. It is believed that statues or pictures of eight Koi Carp bring good fortune into your home or business.
|Place one or some of the Feng Shui symbols in your home and it will increase prosperity and good fortune.
|Following simple principles of Feng Shui can change your life for the better. You must believe and have faith in the principles of Feng Shui and you can fulfill your dreams and goals. When you use principles of Feng Shui in your home or office, you are telling God or whatever power you believe in exactly what you want. And thus you are making a very powerful statement. One of the basic principles of Feng Shui is positive energy attracts positive energy. So if you have positive thoughts then positive things will happen to you.